Good evening folks. It is Friday evening at the PC(USA) General Assembly. This is the session that goes along with the joke about the ’60’s – If you remember it you are lying.
Here is the lay of the land..
- We are in the middle of an item with a minority report
- The afternoon session was arrested with that item and two more items from Middle East Issues to be acted upon.
- We still have the Immigration and Environmental Issues Committee moved from the afternoon.
- And Peacemaking and International Issues was already docketed for tonight.
- And there is coffee provided by the Foundation and the Board of Pensions (and maybe another agency).
- The trains stop running between 11:30 and 12:30 depending which line you need
So remember – there is no tomorrow. (Well, technically there is but it is so closely docketed that nothing from tonight can be carried over.)
If we get close to drop-dead and there is still lots to do there are a couple alternatives. The Assembly could do what the 209th did at 2 AM and refer any unfinished business to the next Assembly. (They had the advantage it was still annual assemblies.) Or call on the Rev. Browning to describe the Church of Scotland’s Time Bound policy. It is affectionately known as the Guillotine and has the effect that you envision – It gets everything wrapped up quickly.
So hang on, get your caffeine ready and here we go…
Well, we finished before 11 PM. It was later last night.
We are in recess until 9 AM. No more posts from me tonight but maybe something in the morning before final business begins.